For you and I, celebrating the 4th of July often means picnics, barbecues, parades and fireworks. We hang out our American flags and proclaim that we live in the “The Land of the Free” where we are free do come and go as we please and to make decisions as we like.
Unfortunately not everyone is free. It is estimated that there are 27 million slaves in the world and right here, in our Chicago area, an estimated 16,000 – 25,000 women and girls are trafficked and exploited each and every year.
Your support and encouragement of Refuge for Women to date has helped us establish a home where trafficked and exploited women can begin to experience freedom.
- Freedom to sleep in a safe place
- Freedom to be called by their own name rather than one given them by a pimp
- Freedom from physical violence
- Freedom from emotional abuse and manipulation and control
- Freedom from being forced to have sex with others who view them as objects to purchase
- Freedom to pursue their own dreams
- Freedom to eat when hungry
- Freedom to make their own decisions
- Freedom to learn to trust, to heal and start over
- Freedom to believe that God and others love them
Please consider taking the next step and help us maintain this Refuge home so that women can continue to step into freedom. It costs $25,000/month to pay our 24/7 staff, support our program activities and classes, sustain our trauma informed counseling, provide needed medical care, keep our house and van operational. Please join our army of monthly donors in any amount during the month of July and your name will be entered into a drawing to win one of these wonderful prizes:
- 2 Tickets to Comedy Sportz PLUS a 6-week comedy improv class for one (a $275 value!)
- $75 Amazon Gift Card
- Movie Tickets for 2
- Devotional books by Beth Moore and Lee Strobel
- A Refuge For Women T-shirt
Click here to help maintain this Refuge home so that women can continue to step into freedom.